Using plants to brighten up our home undoubtedly has its benefits. However, it can be quite daunting for many busy people to keep to a schedule in maintaining those plants. The more you have throughout, the harder it can be to remember. This is why many people use artificial flowers to decorate their homes. However, the tricky thing about using artificial flowers for home decor is to do it without making your house look tacky. We take a look at how to go about doing so below:
How To Make Fake Plants Look More Real
1. Invest in High-Quality Fake Plants — If you want to dive into the world of artificial flowers, keep in mind that it should be treated like any other home decor item as an investment into your home. Do not try to go cheap on your investments. Instead, look into finding high-quality items, as the better these flowers are, the longer they’ll last.
2. Differentiate Your Plants — Remember, switching locations around your home or office can sometimes help your fake plants look more real. Modify arrangements and location of your plants, changing up where you display each object.
3. Be Conscious of Where You Locate Them — Dark corners are not a good place for any fake plant. Instead, let it receive a lot of natural light and give the artificial flower some breathing space. This will allow you to evoke a hint of natural life in the environment and can add to the effects of biophilic design.
4. Vases & Vessels — Even if they aren’t real flowers, that doesn’t mean you should treat them any differently. Like real flowers, place them into pots and vases around the home, giving the flowers a more authentic look.
5. Natural Accenting — By adding a touch of real, natural elements to its base, you get one of the simplest and quickest ways to enhance a fake plant. Using real-life soil, dirt, or moss. This can add a hint of natural realism to your artificial plants while also adding a sense of organic texture.
6. Realistic Back-Ups — To give that added realism, you can add a real plant in the mix, bringing more life to your decor. Combine artificial plants seamlessly by adding them into an existing garden full of real plants. Not only does this make your home more abundant with life, but it makes it hard to differentiate between what’s real and not.
7. Keep It Clean — Of course, this may be easier to care for than a real plant because there is no need for light or water. Regardless of how fake they are, however, you should still take care of them and make sure they are well-kept.
Best Selling Artificial Plants That Look Real
1. Croton Plant — This makes an ideal accent piece in the home or office. This is as real as a fake plant can get, as its texture and appearance is so real, that some forget it is an artificial plant.
2. Corn Stalk Dracaena Silk Plant — Its tall, thick, long stalks overlap each other as they cascade out in a fountain of green to create multiple levels of foliage. The leaves are so lifelike that touching them feels real. You can situate them in the living room, a guest bedroom, or a bathroom.
3. Natural Corn Stalk Dracaena Silk Plant — This plant is a classic favorite that is sure to be an ideal selection for any centerpiece. This is a perfect choice for a gift, as it looks and feels big enough to be real, especially when placed in a corner.
4. Large Leaf Philodendron Silk Plant — This plant has a highly detailed pattern of leaves and feels real. Inspired by nature, it is perfect for the office or your home. The large green gives a jungle aesthetic and is luscious in design.
Styling Artificial Flower Plants
Oftentimes, people argue that fake plants might look too perfect, as real plants have discoloration. As such, its important to keep this detail in mind and style your artificial flowers appropriately.
When it comes to shaping, separate the branches from the base. This is known as fluffing. Try to establish a slight curve while working down the leaves. This gives the plant a more realistic aesthetic. Remember to always start from bottom to top.
Advantages of Artificial Flowers
For any nature-loving person, you might wonder doesn’t getting artificial flowers ruin the whole point of being surrounded in nature. Although you may not get the natural benefits of breathing in the pure aroma of life, simply viewing green plants and surrounded by nature can have huge benefits to your mental health. Moreover, the added benefits of having artificial flowers are as follows:
- Artificial flowers usually last longer compared to real flowers.
- Fake plants do not cause pollen or fragrance-induced allergies.
- There is very minimal maintenance.
- Artificial plants are available throughout the year.
- Fake flowers are animal-friendly.
For over 1,500 years, people have been crafting artificial flowers. Whether its to spice up your home or give a more fuller, fresher feel, artificial flowers can definitely help to bring more life to the your safe space.